Telah banyak studi dilakukan untuk mengetahui bahayanya pemakaian handphone, yang menghasilkan radiasi elektromagnetik, yang dapat menimbulkan terjadinya tumor atau beberapa jenis kanker otak. Namun penemuan hasil studi ini, tidak dipublikasikan secara luas. Silakan disimak artikel dibawah ini.
Science has shown increased risk of brain tumors from use of cell phones, as well as increased risk of eye cancer, salivary gland tumors, testicular cancer, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and leukemia.
The public must be informed."
The President's Cancer Panel is Also Concerned about Cell Phones
In a 240-page report devoted to how to reduce environmental cancer risks, the President's Cancer Panel clearly notes wireless technology as a formidable force in the fight against environmental cancers.
The report states:
"The use of cell phones and other wireless technology is of great concern, particularly since these devices are being used regularly by ever larger and younger segments of the population..
… the research on cancer and other disease risk among long-term and heavy users of contemporary wireless devices is extremely limited. Similarly, current and potential harms from extremely low frequency radiation are unclear and require further study."
The panel members consulted with close to 50 medical experts in writing this report, and clearly they have recognized that one of the main challenges in proving the link between cell phones and cancer is that they have only recently infiltrated the market.
The panel writes:
"It is not known exactly what percentage of all cancers either are initiated or promoted by an environmental trigger … Some exposures to an environmental hazard occur as a single acute episode, but most often, individual or multiple harmful exposures take place over a period of weeks, months, years, or a lifetime."
And that's exactly what's happening with cell phones and brain cancer.
It's Still Too Soon for Most Cell Phone-Induced Brain Tumors to Show Up
The induction period for brain tumors can be at least 30 years. Cell phones have only been widely used for a decade or so, and usage is only increasing. What this means is that the real effects of regular cell phone usage will not begin to show up for another 10 or more years, but by then it will be too late.
The President's Cancer Panel, realizing this, has urged the usage of the precautionary principle, stating that "when an activity raises threats of harm to human health or the environment, precautionary measures should be taken even if some cause and effect relationships are not fully established scientifically."
In the case of cell phones and wireless technologies, there is more than credible evidence that a hazard exists, and immediate steps should be taken to prevent further exposure. Without them, we will almost certainly be headed for a brain cancer epidemic the likes of which the world has never seen.
Please Protect Yourself, and Your Family, Starting Today
Remember, just like smoking and lung cancer, there are rarely any initial symptoms from using a cell phone, but by the time the symptoms show up, it could be too late. Are you really willing to risk the chance of developing brain cancer just for the convenience of using a cell phone?
We've survived for generations without them before, and we can do it again now. At the very least, you can minimize your exposure and your risk level by:
· Children Should Never Use Cell Phones: Barring a life-threatening emergency, children should not use a cell phone, or a wireless device of any type. Children are far more vulnerable to cell phone radiation than adults, because of their thinner skull bones and other factors.
· Reduce Your Cell Phone Use: Turn your cell phone off more often. Reserve it for emergencies or important matters.
· Use a Land Line at Home and at Work: Although more and more people are switching to using cell phones as their exclusive phone contact, it is a dangerous trend and you can choose to opt out of the madness.
· Reduce or Eliminate Your Use of Other Wireless Devices: You would be wise to cut down your use of these devices. Just as with cell phones, it is important to ask yourself whether or not you really need to use them every single time. Even portable home phones, including the older kind that operate at 900 MHz, can be a problem.
The lesson from the field is that all DECT portable phones are a problem. If you do not know if you have a DECT phone (as many are not labeled as such), the ONLY way to know for sure is to measure. You can learn about measuring instrumentation at www.emfsafetystore.com.
For "hands free" calls at home, I recommend getting the old-fashioned speakerphone (either attached to the phone or separate) or using SKYPE on your computer on speaker mode, which is terrific.
· Use Your Cell Phone Only Where Reception is Good: The weaker the reception, the more power your phone must use to transmit, and the more power it uses, the more radiation it emits, and the deeper the dangerous radio waves penetrate into your body.
Ideally, you should only use your phone with full bars and good reception. Also seek to avoid carrying your phone on your body as that merely maximizes any potential exposure. Ideally put it in your purse or carrying bag.
· Turn Your Cell Phone Off When Not in Use: As long as your cell phone is on, it emits radiation intermittently, even when you are not actually making a call.
· Keep Your Cell Phone Away From Your Body When it is On: The most dangerous place to be, in terms of radiation exposure, is near the emitting antenna. You do not want any part of your body near this area and proximity is everything. The closer the phone is to your body, the worse the exposure -- with the exposure falling off dramatically with distance. Thus, using the speaker mode, the farther you can keep the phone away from your body and still hear the call, the better.
· Use Safer Headset Technology: Wired headsets will certainly allow you to keep the cell phone farther away from your body. However, if a wired headset is not well-shielded -- and most of them are not -- the wire itself acts as an antenna attracting ambient radio waves and transmitting radiation directly to your brain and your body, for example over your heart.